We would all agree if someone said that carpets make your rooms look good as much as they pose a problem for cleaning. Carpet cleaning can become an extremely strenuous job if you’re not using the right technique along with the right cleaner for your carpet.
There are a number of carpet cleaners available in the market, but the steam cleaners stand to be the best and most efficient one. Using those can greatly reduce your cleaning task. Here, we’re going to help you decide the best one for yourself with this list of best carpet steam cleaners.
- Top 9 Best Carpet Steam Cleaners In 2023 Reviews
- 1 Mcculloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
- 2 Bissell 86t3 Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine
- 3 Bissell 14259 Little Green Proheat Portable Cleaner
- 4 Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Fh50251 Carpet Cleaner
- 5 Bissell 17N4P Deepclean Professional Pet Carpet Cleaner
- 6 Bissell 86t3 Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
- 7 Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Carpet Cleaner
- 8 Bissell 2085 Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner
- 9 Hoover Fh50251 Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner
- Best Carpet Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
Top 9 Best Carpet Steam Cleaners In 2023 Reviews
1 Mcculloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
This machine by McCulloch is specifically designed to tackle all your tough carpet messes and make your cleaning task a lot easier. You can trust on this heavy duty steal cleaner to get rid of all the messes left behind on your carpet. Equipped with the right kind of features and tools, this professional quality carpet steam cleaner is a perfect example of how the right carpet cleaner can be of the biggest help.
The MC1275 works efficiently by heating water to over 200 F, sanitizing the surfaces alongside cleaning them. This steam cleaner is an all-rounder in the steam cleaning department. It is capable of cleaning not only your carpets but also grimy wheels, barbecue grills, greasy tools and a lot more! With this steam cleaner, cleaning jobs are no longer a hassle.
The best thing about this McCulloch steam cleaner is obviously its versatility. What gives it the versatility are the 18 different accessories that come along with it, making it perfect for all kinds of surfaces. The accessories include a number of brushes, each meant for a different task. These also include a squeegee, scrub pad, mop pad, steam jet nozzle, and a lot more to optimize the functioning of the cleaner.
This 1500 watts powered machine comes with a 48 oz. water capacity and 45-minute steam duration. The 43 psi steam pressure will be sure to clean up your carpets as good as you want. And if all of this isn’t enough, it also offers a two-year warranty that will ensure your satisfaction.
- Enjoy chemical-free cleaning for your household with no risks that come with the use of chemicals for cleaning purposes. Yet, you will witness an equally deep cleaning and sanitizing as with chemicals.
- This machine will allow you a water capacity greater than most of the standard steam cleaners. That comes with a 45-minute continuous stream with a lockable steam trigger. All this allows optimal cleaning.
- With the 15.7-foot power cord and the 9-foot steam hose, this machine will provide you better reach and lesser issues
- Continuous steaming can easily heat up the machine.
- The buttons might be a little hard to tackle.
2 Bissell 86t3 Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine
Here’s another professional carpet cleaner that will be the perfect solution to your messy carpet. With this Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner, you can bid farewell to all your worries about a dirty carpet and extra work. This machine features everything you need for quick and efficient carpet cleaning.
The most impressive thing about this carpet cleaner is the heavy duty suction power it provides. This effective feature allows for faster drying time. It also cleans on forward as well as backward pass.
How does that help?
Well, it greatly reduces the cleaning time. Both these features together make carpet cleaning a lot easier and quicker. Nothing more we could really ask for!
Moreover, the machine comes with two large tanks. These tanks will keep the clean and dirty water separate, allowing you easy cleanup and fewer trips back to the sink. Talk about convenience!
But wait, there’s more.
The Big Green Carpet Cleaner also features an extra-large dirt lifter. This gives the machine a very powerful scrubbing action. It’s so powerful that even the ground-in and embedded dirt in your carpet won’t stand a chance against it.
This carpet cleaner will serve to be the perfect cleaning partner for you, working on everything from simple dirt to pet urine stains. Aiding its function, you will get a Bissell professional formula that is known to clean all sorts of stains.
- The extra-large dirt lifter power brush will allow a better and deep scrubbing action for an efficient clean
- The drying time is greatly reduced by the heavy-duty suction power
- Bissell Professional Formula included which will provide for the best of cleaning
- A 5-year long warranty that will last you long
- If not handled carefully, the cleaner may leak water
- The machine is quite heavy, and handling may be a bit of an issue
- The warranty of the cleaner would be void if used with any cleaning solution other than Bissell, restricting you from using any other
3 Bissell 14259 Little Green Proheat Portable Cleaner
If you’re looking to save both space as well as money with a carpet cleaner that will give you no compromise on its function, then this is the perfect one for you. This 14259 portable Little Green Carpet Cleaner may be smaller in size, but it will give you the cleaning that is as efficient as that of any other carpet cleaner.
This compact machine is not just a carpet cleaner though. It is a multi-purpose wet vacuum. So its deep cleaning action is applicable on more than just your carpets. It also features a powerful spray of 9 Amps as well as suction cleaner. So, cleaning and drying both happen alongside, saving you a lot of time and extra effort.
We all know that hot water is always more efficient when it comes to cleaning. With the Bissell 14259, you do not have to do the extra work of heating the water. This is because this machine comes with a built-in water heater that allows better cleaning without excessive work.
If that is not enough, this little machine also features a 48-ounce dirt collection tank that allows more cleaning at once without having to empty the tank. Its flexible hose, tough-stain brush and the spraying crevice tool, all act like a cherry on top of this amazing cleaner.
- The compact size of this carpet cleaner and its light weight make it convenient to use and easy to store. It also easily reaches the places that a bigger cleaner would have issues reaching.
- The cleaner is multi-purpose and will help you clean up not only carpets and rugs but also upholstery, stairs, and even auto interiors!
- The machine comes with an included cleaning formula which will work against stains and odor for better cleaning
- The tough stain tool that is included with the machine will easily give you access to all the hard-to-reach areas
- If the dirt tank is not properly cleaned, there may be an odor in the next consecutive use
- Cleaning the nozzle of the cleaner may be a little bit of a hassle
- The machine has a wide spray stream and may get water out on a larger surface than intended
4 Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Fh50251 Carpet Cleaner
The Power Scrub Elite is one of the most efficient carpet cleaners that you can have in your household. It’s designed perfectly to suit your needs whether you have kids or pets around the house, or lack the extra time for a thorough cleaning. This carpet cleaner has all you need!
What’s best about this carpet cleaner is that it gives you a powerful clean, and in a very short time.
How quick, you ask?
Well, let us tell you that its quick clean mode will allow you to clean up your carpets, and dry them within 45 minutes. This is the fastest you can get from any carpet cleaner!
The deep clean mode, on the other hand, may take just a little longer. But, rest assured, for it will give you a very deep clean for your carpet. So, say goodbye to all the ground-in, embedded dirt and the stubborn stains. The machine also features a heat force. This will apply hot air onto the cleaning surface, allowing it to dry faster.
And if all of this isn’t enough, the Power Scrub Elite Pet also features an antimicrobial SpinScrub Brush System that has a patented brush system. This brush will gently rotate and tackle all the dirt and stains, causing no damage to your carpet. Meanwhile, the antimicrobial treatment will help prevent odor and bacteria from colonizing in the tool.
- Quick clean mode allows you efficient cleaning with effective time-saving.
- The deep clean mode will help you get rid of the embedded dirt and the dirtiest of stains
- The antimicrobial brush will keep your carpet safe from damage and bacteria
- Lightweight and fairly easy to handle and use
- The cleaner works best with a pre-cleaner, but it has to be purchased separately
- If not handled properly, the machine may leak water.
5 Bissell 17N4P Deepclean Professional Pet Carpet Cleaner
Bissell is really on the top of their game with their professional carpet cleaners. To prove that, here’s another one of their heavy duty cleaners making it to our list of best carpet cleaners. It is geared with all the right features to assist you for a deep and powerful carpet clean, making the job easier than ever before.
This machine is absolutely perfect for those who have been looking for a solution for all the stubborn pet stains and odors. Those stains can surely be hard to get rid of, but this carpet cleaner makes it unbelievably easy! This Bissell 17N4P DeepClean Professional Carpet Cleaner will offer you a cleaning that is superior and unmatched by others.
One of its best features is the Heatwave technology that it features. This allows the water in the machine to remain at a constant temperature throughout. The heated water along with the 12 rows of power brushes greatly adds to the function of this carpet cleaner. The power brushes are of a dual rotating kind, ensuring a deep clean that will leave you satisfied.
But that isn’t all!
The machine also features EdgeSweep and Surround Suction. The EdgeSweep will allow you to clean against baseboards while the Surround Suction helps the surface to dry faster. All this adds to your cleaning experience. It also features a number of tools that will make carpet cleaning all the better.
- This machine is better at removing pet stains and odor than any other standard carpet cleaner
- The surround suction will dry the surface faster and help you save time
- The powder brushes feature a dual movement that ensures an impressive quality of cleaning
- It includes a pet hair collection basket that will make cleaning your pet’s hair off of the carpet way easier
- The machine also comes with three bottles of Bissell’s 2X Professional Formula that will greatly aid the cleaning process
- The machine is pretty heavy, making handling a little tricky
- Dirty and clean water both are present in the same container, which makes it hard to see how much clean water is left
6 Bissell 86t3 Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
This carpet cleaner by Bissell is no less than a professional machine that will provide you with the utmost quality of cleaning. You can rely on the 86T3 Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner to get rid of all the dust and stains and make your carpet as good as new.
This carpet cleaner is equipped with Bissells iconic DirtLifter PowerBrush. This brush with its extra-large size will ensure a deep clean that will leave you satisfied for sure. To aid the working of the brush, the machine comes with a trial size Bissell professional formula that greatly helps in removing tough stains and dirt. And the result is visibly better.
The Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner is equipped with a heavy-duty suction power that allows comparatively faster drying of the surface. The machine cleans on forward as well as backward press, consuming lesser time. The two large tanks will allow full room cleaning with lesser visits to the sink. All of these features together work efficiently for quicker cleaning, helping you save more time.
The machine is made from very sturdy, durable and high quality material that will ensure they last longer. And if there are still doubts about this cleaner, Bissell offers a 5-year warranty on this item. What more can we ask for?
- The extra-large DirtLifter power brush will give a deep scrubbing action and a better clean
- The fast drying of the surface is aided by the heavy-duty suction power
- The two large tanks will ensure you don’t have to visit the sink too often
- The 5-year limited warranty will be sure to provide you with complete product satisfaction
- Improper handling of the machine may lead to leakage of water
- The warranty of the product is void if it is used with any cleaning formula other than Bissell’s
- The machine is pretty heavy-weight. This makes handling harder
7 Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Carpet Cleaner
This machine by Rug Doctor is exactly what your messy carpets need. It is a carpet cleaning machine that provides you a clean-up like no other. The Mighty Pro X3 will not only clean up your carpet but also rid it of any odor. And that is exactly what earns it a place on this list of best steam carpet cleaners.
When you purchase this machine, you get the Mighty Pro X3 machine, along with an upholstery/stair tool, a 40 ounces bottle of pet formula carpet cleaner and a 24 ounces urine eliminator spray. All of these tools and accessories make this a multifunctional cleaner. In fact, it becomes one that is specifically perfect for all pet owners
The upholstery tool will help you clean your furniture, mattresses and pet beds just the way it cleans the carpets. The pet formula, on the other hand, will work to remove the stains that your pets leave around the house.
But that’s not it; it also neutralizes the foul smell. The urine eliminator, lastly, works very effectively to clean up all the accidents. In addition, the special pro-enzymatic formula of the solution will also work to deter pets from re-marking.
All in all, this carpet cleaner is more of a multifunctional machine that will allow a quick and efficient cleaning process, leaving your carpets good as new.
- The Mighty Pro X3 is extremely easy to use and comes with a manual that further assists you in case of any problems
- The agitating brush with its side to side movement prevents damage to the fibers of the carpets and rugs, keeping them good as new
- The machine is lightweight and fairly easy to handle
- The handle can be folded, and the cleaner can be stored easily
- Using cleaning solutions other than those by the brand suggests voids the warranty of the machine
- The cleaner doesn’t suck back a good amount of water, making the drying process longer
8 Bissell 2085 Turboclean Powerbrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner
Looking for a carpet cleaner that gives the professional quality cleaning at an affordable cost? Look no further for you have found the perfect cleaner. This machine is the perfect one that is equipped with all the right features that you need to clean your carpet, earning it a place on this list.
Here is what we absolutely love about this machine. It is very easy to use. No tricky functioning and no extra work are required to operate it. It has very simple working that you can further look into the manual. Furthermore, the 12 lbs. lightweight machine is extremely easy to handle and maneuver.
The 4-row DirtLifter power brush featured in this machine is a Bissell classic. It ensures that your carpet has no embedded dirt or tough stains left. This is paired with the powerful suction which helps loosen the dirt. Thus, all this makes it the perfect cleaner to make your carpets look good as new.
The 3.4 Amp power rating machine also features 2 large tanks. These tanks keep the clean and dirty water separate and give you relief from constant trips to the sink. And if that’s not enough, the cleaner also comes with a collapsible handle, making storage all the more easy and convenient.
- The machine is extremely easy to maneuver and carry given its extremely low weight
- The DirtLifter power brush will make sure to get all the tracked-in dirt and stubborn stains
- Stains that are known to last such as those by coffee, wine, grape juice, etc. can also be removed
- The collapsible handle ensures convenience when it comes to storage
- The machine is not designed for very heavy and excessive staining. Such cases would require multiple cleaning processes
- It does not come with any attachments
- Drying might take a little more time than others since it doesn’t suck back a lot of water
9 Hoover Fh50251 Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner
Hoover FH50251 is a machine that is no less than a dream for all the cleaning enthusiasts who can’t bear stains or tucked-in dust in their carpets. This machine works a lot more efficiently than other standard carpet cleaners. It will wipe away all the stains that you despise in no time and has, therefore, found its place in this list.
The Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner features three different modes that all work to suit your need. The first is a quick clean mode that will not only clean but also dry your carpets, all within 45 minutes. But rest assured, the reduced cleaning time does not compromise on the cleaning quality.
The second is a deep clean mode. This one is for all your tougher stains; ones that people usually give up on. Similarly, it can tackle the embedded dirt in carpets that has been sitting there for a while. The deep clean mode works very efficiently to rid you of all those.
The third is a wash/rinse mode. The wash/rinse mode is exclusively designed to extend your carpet’s life. It will wash your carpet, and then the rinse mode will remove all the residual solution, giving your carpet a look that is as good as new.
What’s special about this machine is its antimicrobial spinscrub brush that gently rotates and removes all the dirt, without damaging your carpet.
- The three various modes will give you optimum quality cleaning, but all according to your needs
- The antimicrobial treatment will prevent bacterial build-up on the tool
- It is lightweight, making the cleaner easy to handle and maneuver
- Improper handling of the machine may cause it to leak water
- The cleaner works best with a pre-treatment, but that has to be purchased separately
Best Carpet Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
Carpet cleaners have become essential in any household that obviously has carpets. Brooms and vacuums have been around for quite a while, and they seem to work fine too. But they are not as efficient. Over a period of time, your carpet will lose its touch that it had when you first got it. A carpet cleaner is the only thing that can keep that new look of your carpet.
Finding good carpet steam cleaners isn’t a hard job since there are a lot of them out there. But that very fact also complicates making the right choice. How to decide which one’s the right one for you? To help you with that, here’s a quick buying guide.
The primary aspect to consider while buying a carpet cleaner is its cost. You need to have a clear budget in mind. The cost of a carpet cleaner can greatly vary. A good carpet cleaner with all the features would mean nothing if it simply doesn’t fall in your budget.
The next thing that you should take into consideration is the size of the cleaner. A steam cleaner that is too big and heavy for you to handle won’t be able to perform its best. Similarly, a small cleaner won’t give you the best results if you put it to work for heavy use. So before you make a choice, make sure that you have taken into consideration the required size of your cleaner.
For a large house or heavy use, you should opt for a bigger multipurpose cleaner. But if you have a small apartment, you might want to consider a smaller, handheld cleaner that will help you fix quick messes and accidental spills.
- Household Surfaces
Also, take into consideration the surfaces in your household that need constant cleaning. Some carpet cleaners are designed specifically for carpets only. Meanwhile, others are more versatile and can be used for a number of surfaces such as upholstery, stairs, floors, grills, etc. If you plan on using yours just on the carpets, why invest in one that works on more surfaces?
- Cleaning Features
It may seem that all carpet cleaners are simply designed to clean, but that is not the truth. Different brands feature different cleaning features and techniques, so you can decide which one you like best. Some cleaners are only meant to clean the surface from dirt and stains. Meanwhile, others are a step ahead and also sanitize the surface.
Some cleaners have a brush with a rotating movement, while others are fitted with a side to side brush. So it’s now up to you to figure out what you find the best for your requirements.
While deciding on a carpet cleaner, also bear in mind that the cleaner that you decide to buy should be easy to use. Certain types of carpet cleaners have a very tricky operation which makes them not very user-friendly. So if you see one that is too complicated to use, better move on to the next option. It is wisest to choose one that has the easiest and simplest working to create a greater hassle.
Convenience is absolutely important while considering a carpet cleaner or any other product for that matter. Appliances make tasks easier for us, rather than harder. For that, you have to consider that the one that you’re buying provides you with the utmost comfort and convenience.
It is best to go for a carpet cleaner that is not only convenient to store and handle but also of low maintenance. If you don’t, you might just buy yourself some extra trouble.
If you’re looking into carpet cleaners, you don’t need us to tell you that buying one is no joke, for these machines cost a lot. When spending this much money on something, you might want to ensure that it will last you a long time. So make sure that you check on their warranty policies before you purchase one.
A warranty can serve as a huge advantage if things with your cleaner ever go south. Different brands have a warranty of varying time periods and different policies. Some of these can be voided by certain conditions, make sure you know of all such cases.
How Long Does Carpet Cleaning Take With A Carpet Cleaner?
The time taken for carpet cleaning greatly depends upon the type of cleaner being used. Talking about an average cleaner, it takes approximately 20 minutes per area. (An area is considered to be of 250 square feet.)
This time, however, is greatly reduced by certain carpet cleaners that allow quicker cleaning as well as faster drying.
How Often Should Carpets Be Cleaned?
Professionals recommend that you clean your carpets annually, at least. If you don’t own a carpet cleaner, then you should try various carpet cleaners that do the job for you.
This standard time may vary for different carpets, depending upon their colors, styles, the frequency of use, health conditions of family members, and some other factors.
How Long Do Carpet Cleaners Usually Last?
Carpet cleaners are no cheap appliances and usually cost you a good amount. But in return, what you get is a durable machine that will last you long enough. Most devices come with a warranty of 3-5 years and will resolve any issue that you have with your cleaner. So, it will definitely last for that long at least.
But that is in an ideal case. The way you handle your machine, maintain it, and frequency of its use also have a major say in how long it will last. Most machines start presenting with a problem or another in 1-2 years. However, most of the time it is nothing serious, and the warranty still has you covered for the expenses.
Are Cleaning Solutions Necessary To Use Along With A Carpet Cleaner?
Well, no. You are not bound to use a cleaning solution with your carpet cleaner, but using one would definitely help. If you’re using your cleaner just to remove embedded dust from your carpet, you may not need one. But if you’re dealing with stains, and heavy ones at that, you may need to seek the aid of a cleaning solution.
But the trick is, you don’t necessarily need a cleaning solution. Sometimes, you may use some other alternatives such as heated water, white vinegar or even a little bit of lemon juice. All of these will be sure to aid the cleaning process. Of course, these won’t be as effective as cleaning solutions.
But be cautious, there are some brands which will void your machine’s warranty if you use a cleaning solution of another brand. So just to be safe, get a cleaning solution from the same brand.
Can A Carpet Cleaner Remove All Sorts Of Stains?
The answer to this greatly depends upon the type of carpet cleaner being used. There are certain cleaners that work wonders to remove dust but are not really efficient at removing stains. But then, there are also certain cleaners that will remove the toughest of stains because they have been simply designed to do so.
Do All Carpet Cleaners Come With Tools?
A cleaner will come with all the basic tools for carpet cleaning. But there are a few that will provide you with extra tools that turn these carpet cleaners into multifunctional cleaners. Such accessories may include a number of items from cleaning solutions to pet hair collection basket!
Do Carpet Cleaners Require Extra Maintenance?
Any machine, without the right sort of maintenance, wouldn’t last long, or even as long as it is supposed to. Any carpet cleaner usually comes with a manual that has complete instructions for the device’s maintenance. Two things, however, are absolutely vital; changing the water in the tanks and, cleaning all the tools and hoses.