Are you looking to reduce your time in the kitchen? With new innovations hitting the stores every day, let’s take a look at the latest one: cherry pitters.
A cherry pitter is a magical tool that will aid you in picking cherries with more convenience.
But that’s not all!
This tool will help you save time, effort, and, most importantly, provide greater safety in the kitchen.
In this article, you will get an in-depth insight into the most famous cherry pitters. So, without waiting any further, let’s dive into the reviews and uses of the best cherry pitters.
- Best Cherry Pitter Comparison Table
- Top 8 Best Cherry Pitters In 2020 Reviews
- Best Cherry Pitter Buying Guide
Best Cherry Pitter Comparison Table
Leifheit 37200 Cherry Pitter
Glass box and stainless-steel plunger
|(5 / 5)|
Westmark Cherry Stoner
Powder brushed cast aluminum
|(4.7 / 5)|
CUISIPRO Cherry Pitter
|(4.4 / 5)|
Roots & Branches VKP1152
White plastic design
|(4.3 / 5)|
The Sausage Maker
|(4.4 / 5)|
Cast zinc construction
|(5 / 5)|
Zinc alloy blades
|(4.5 / 5)|
|(4 / 5)|
Top 8 Best Cherry Pitters In 2020 Reviews
You may have gone through the short comparison table for each of these models. However, for a more in-depth review of these cherry pitters, you should read these reviews.
Each of the reviews will provide a detailed explanation of the model’s usage, material, and benefits as well as drawbacks.
So, without any further ado, let’s begin with the reviews!
1 Leifheit 37200 Cherry Pitter
Making a dessert like a cherry pie for a large gathering? You definitely won’t have the time or energy to pit each cherry by hand. However, with the amazing Leifheit cherry pitter, you can destone a whopping 25 pound of cherries in just an hour!
Its plunger is made from the highest quality stainless steel, and it speedily removes the pit from each cherry with ease. It is also dishwasher safe, which is an added plus. Moreover, the product itself is very user-friendly, and it is a great combination of efficiency, speed, and safety.
Moreover, the pit removal machine is made of glass, which is more sanitary and safer to use than plastic. It is also easier to keep it clean and saves a lot of time when baking or cooking for large parties.
Thus, it is one of the best cherry pitter machines in the market right now.
- Tabletop type makes it more ergonomic to use.
- Completely mess-free and user-friendly process.
- Parts can be separated and washed in the dishwasher.
- Easily get rid of the pits by pushing the plunger by using one hand.
- Process 25-pound cherries in just an hour using this machine.
- This is suitable for use on a large number of cherries only.
- Large device, which means it takes up a lot of space.
2 Westmark Cherry Stoner
Picking fresh cherries for your dessert is an essential part of summer, and you can make the most of it with this cherry pitting tool. Here’s why this is one of the best cherry pitters for beginners.
Westmark offers a two-year warranty on this cherry pitter as well, and you can also get replacement parts if either one of them stops working. In case the cherry pitters get stuck in the chute, you can always use a straw to push it into the container.
Moreover, this stoner is very compact, making it ideal for storing it very easily. It not only works on fresh cherries, but is multipurpose, and pits preserved or frozen cherries too! The cherry pitting device is also super easy to disassemble and clean.
Also, it is made in Germany and comes with a lifetime warranty, so you know how durable the product is. The handle is shaped to reduce strain in your wrist, and it is constructed with the best grade aluminum for better longevity. It is also lightweight and safe, so what more could you want?
- Simple stapler design that is easy to use.
- The pitter is a compact and portable, making it easy to store.
- Safely washable in a dishwasher.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Made with cast aluminum with high resistance to damage.
- Works best for small cherries.
- Can pit only one cherry at a time.
- No splatter guard included, so there can be a mess.
3 Cuisipro Cherry Pitter
The CUISIPRO model is one of the best cherry pitters out there in the market for the traditional home chef.
Want to know why?
This device is made with a unique scooping design that allows for easy cherry pitting.
It comes with a silicone cup that is flexible for cherries and olives. The cherry pitter also comes with a splash guard that eliminates mess and extensive cleanup. It also comes with a locking mechanism which adds to the compactness feature of the cherry pitter.
Moreover, the device is very sturdy and comes with an elegant matte design that is aesthetically pleasing to look at. It is simple to use and can last a good amount of time.
Apart from that, this cherry pitting device is easy to clean and can be tossed in the dishwasher as well. For efficient, safe, reliable, and consistent performance, this model is one of the best ones out there that you can find.
- Comes with a splatter guard to reduce mess.
- Holder has silicone fins that keep the cherries in one place.
- Can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Unique and effective scoop design for greater efficiency.
- Can be done with just one hand, allowing you to do other tasks simultaneously.
- Only able to pit one cherry at a time.
- Not ideal for usage on cherry pitting for large batches.
4 Roots & Branches Vkp1152
This is the best cherry pitter that makes use of the entire cherry with zero waste.
The best part?
This machine efficiently takes in the cherries from the tray inside the chute and separates the pits without losing the juice.
It is very simple to use and can easily destone the cherries without much effort from your part. This cherry pitting machine is also ideal for heavy usage since it can pit the cherries at a rate of 25 pounds per hour.
If you want to know how to use a cherry pitter of this sort, then here’s how.
Firstly, get the machine ready by making sure the gasket and the pit container are in the cherry pitter. Next, remove the stems from the washed cherries and put them in the bowl. Lastly, press the plunger to effectively destone the cherries.
Apart from that, this machine is super user-friendly and is an ideal commercial cherry pitter. It is easy to use, efficient and saves a lot of time and effort for the user. You will not be disappointed with this impressive cherry pitting tool.
- Continuous cherry pitting at a rate of 25 pounds per hour.
- You can attach a collecting bowl where the cherries come out so that the juice stays inside.
- Seed container is included at the bottom of the machine so you can monitor easily.
- Elegant and aesthetically pleasing design of the tool.
- Consistent performance and easy functionality.
- Takes up a lot of space in the kitchen.
- Not ideal for small amounts of cherry destoning.
5 The Sausage Maker
This cute little cherry pitting machine is all you need this summer.
Here’s why this is one of the best cherry pitters in the market right now.
Firstly, it is not only aesthetically pleasing to look at, but is also highly efficient and impressive in terms of performance.
Secondly, it is a very efficient device that can be easily cleaned. It is spectacular in performance and has high quality performance.
The Sausage Maker is made with food-grade construction that pits 5 cherries at one time. It is made with quality engineering that makes cherry pitting more accurate and precise. The machine is also super easy to clean and can be activated with a single pull of the handle.
For most users, the sausage maker is a huge time saver, as it cuts the processing time for pitting cherries and makes kitchen work seem less of a hassle. Therefore, you can bake and make foods for your large gatherings of guests in a shorter time with very little effort from your part.
- Very easy assembling of the device.
- Huge time saver for many users.
- Can be cleaned very easily without maximum effort.
- Pits 5 cherries at one time.
- Made with quality engineering and high-grade steel.
- Large and bulky design, which takes a lot of space in the kitchen.
- Tears the cherry a little more than a single pitter machine.
- Needs better waste reduction technology.
6 Oxo 1255180
This is one of the most popular and best cherry pitters in the market if you are looking for a handheld one. It has all the features of a great cherry pitter; however, there’s a catch. The soft and ergonomic handle on this cherry pitter is rubberized to absorb pressure.
The large holder on this cherry pitter accommodates all types of cherries, no matter what size it may be. It is also very useful for pitting olives. The device also comes with a lock, so that you can conveniently store in your cabinet.
Moreover, the construction of this cherry pitter is of high-quality as it is designed with die-cast zinc that prevents rusting and increases durability. You can even toss this pitter in the dishwasher for easy and quick clean up.
This is also a very user-friendly device and is very budget-friendly, so any home cook can find copious usage for it. The splatter shield also prevents any juice from escaping, thus making cherry pitting a mess-free and zero-waste process.
- Handheld designs are always much easier to use and get ahold of.
- Splatter shield prevents any mess creation.
- Handle is soft and ergonomic, which reduces strain on the wrists.
- Versatile pitter can be used for destoning olives as well.
- Pitter is compact in size and easy to store.
- Can only pit one cherry at a time.
7 Prepworks By Progressive Cherry Pitter
This simple to use and mess-free cherry pitter will be your best kitchen aid this summer. With its unique patented design and simple features, you will be utterly impressed with what this little machine can do.
How does this machine work?
Well, all you need to do is press down the top with very little effort, and watch how this glorious pitting tool pits 6 cherries at once. The non-skid base of this machine keeps the pitter in place while the zinc-constructed prongs push through.
You can keep your kitchen counters and clothes safe from any splatter. This is because this machine comes with a removable base that catches the pits as well as the cherry juice. It is very safe to use and saves a lot of time and effort in the kitchen as well.
Not only that, but this cherry pitter is dishwasher friendly, which means it is easy to clean up as well! With so many attractive features, you can’t say no to this wonderful device. So, get yours now as summer is right around the corner.
- Pits 6 cherries at one time.
- Collecting container at the bottom is stable and collects pits and juice.
- Can be disassembled to clean it properly in the dishwasher.
- Holder comes with holes for each cherry to increase preciseness.
- Multi-purpose tool for olives as well.
- Can be a hassle for some people to put each cherry in a designated place.
- Since the prongs are out, it is not kid-friendly.
8 Cherry Pitter Olive And Cherry Pitting Tool
This is one of the most unique and best cherry pitters out there in the shops for handheld use. You can remove cherry pits of any type or size with this impressive pitter. Therefore, with its help, you can make the most scrumptious cherry pies, cakes, and jams.
Pits come out very cleanly without any wastage of the juices or cherries. The impressive feature of this pitter is that it still manages to keep the shape of the cherry intact, so you can pop it in your mouth without worrying about the pits still being inside.
The heavy-duty construction material of this pitter also makes it more durable. Because of its compact size, it is also very easy to clean and store in your drawer or cabinet. If you find the product to be faulty, then you can easily get a replacement or a refund as well.
The chromium metallic alloy also gives an elegant look and appeal to the cherry pitter. So, if you’re one of those people who looks for attractive design in their kitchen utensils, then you will enjoy this metal cherry pitter.
- Backed up by a lifetime warranty
- Classy and professional design made with durable materials
- Minimal effect on the shape of the cherry
- Arms are designed with ergonomics in mind for lesser strain
- Easily washable in a dishwasher
- The handles of the pitter are not non-slip
- You need a separate bowl for seeds
- Not splatter proof
Best Cherry Pitter Buying Guide
Now that you have gone into the depths of each of these models, let’s look into the buying guide. In this portion, you will be able to understand which features you need to consider before getting one of these best cherry pitters.
Handheld Style Or Countertop
You may have noticed that one of the main differences between some of these models was the style of the cherry pitter. This is one of the most important considerations that you need to make before getting a cherry pitter for your kitchen.
Handheld, as the name suggests, are more portable and compact pitters that are for pitting a small number of cherries. They are also more useful for you if you do not want to install a bulky cherry pitting machine on your counter. Moreover, they are easier to use and clean.
Countertop styles, on the other hand, are most useful for users who pit cherries frequently for baking pies or making jams. They will take less time and effort to destone about 25 pounds of cherries in an hour.
Material Of The Cherry Pitter
Most cherry pitters are divided into two categories of materials: steel or other metals, and plastic.
Plastic cherry pitters come in many attractive and colorful designs, which can be really useful for your kids. Furthermore, they are also much lighter and easier to use. Thus, the user would be less prone to damage.
Although the plastic ones are much lighter, they are also less durable than metal ones. If you are looking for a cherry pitter that you can use for a longer period, then you should invest in a metal one. This is because they are more resistant to damage and corrosion and have consistent and better performance.
It is important to consider how many cherries you want to destone at one time. If baking or cooking with cherries is a frequent activity for you, then you need a pitter than can pit a few cherries at one time.
There are two types of designs for cherry pitters: single as well as multiple removal models. How do these work? Single removal models only pit one cherry at a time, while multiple removal models can pit numerous pieces at once.
While multiple removal pitters are speedier, they can also be less accurate and precise than single pitter removal. So be sure to go into these pros and cons before you decide which one to choose.
Children Friendly Or Not
Since cherries are a popular favorite amongst children, they would want to partake in the cherry pitting activity. If you want them to enjoy this activity, then you would need a cherry pitter that is more user-friendly for them.
The cherry pitters should also have a safety mechanism so that the prongs are away from your kids. However, if you want a cherry pitter for your own personal use, then you don’t need to look for this feature.