Thinking of hosting a party for your friends over the weekend, but dreading having to do a huge pile of dishes? A traditional dishwasher can be a good choice. However, they usually take up large spaces, and that is something unfavorable if your kitchen is a small one.
You don’t need to feel restricted anymore because we are going to list down some of the best countertop dishwashers for you. They are the best choice for small kitchens as they are compact and can fit into any space easily.
Not only that, but countertop dishwashers are also power-efficient and use up much lesser power.
Without further ado, let’s get into the list.
- Best Countertop Dishwasher Comparison Table
- Top 10 Best Countertop Dishwasher 2023 Reviews
- 1 BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 2 DELLA Portable Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 3 hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 4 Sunpentown SD-2224DS Countertop Dishwasher
- 5 Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
- 6 Sunpentown SD-2213S Countertop Dishwasher
- 7 EdgeStar DWP62SV
- 8 Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher
- 9 Magic Chef Energy Star 6-Place Setting MCSCD6W5
- 10 Sunpentown SD-9241SS Countertop Dishwasher
- Best Countertop Dishwasher Buying Guide
Best Countertop Dishwasher Comparison Table
|(4 / 5)|
|(4.1 / 5)|
|(4.6 / 5)|
|(5 / 5)|
|(4.2 / 5)|
|(4 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.2 / 5)|
|(4.1 / 5)|
Top 10 Best Countertop Dishwasher 2023 Reviews
1 BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher
We have listed this as one of our top choices. This excellent dishwasher has a six place setting capacity and offers a spacious interior so that it is easy for you to fit in as many utensils as possible. The interior is all made of stainless steel.
Many users love the dishwasher for its ease of use. Loading is a fairly simple task as the dish rack can be slid out, and the utensil basket is removable. To change the settings, the dishwasher is equipped with an LED display with electronic touch controls for precise adjustments.
Black and Decker has always created high quality products, and it hasn’t compromised on this one either. Its users swear by the BCD6W dishwasher for good reasons. If you have young children, then the child lock feature on the machine ensures safety.
With seven wash programs, including intensive, normal, eco, glass, 90 minutes, rapid, and soak, the BCD6W countertop dishwasher is unbeatable.
All its incredible features make it a great addition to your kitchen. Thus, don’t think too much before purchasing it because we guarantee its excellence!
- Has seven wash programs, including intensive, normal, eco, glass, 90 minutes, rapid, and soak.
- It has a six place setting capacity.
- It uses minimal water and cleans dishes properly, even at ECO settings.
- The settings can be altered through electronic touch control on the LED display.
- The dishwasher has a child lock option to ensure the safety of younger children.
- It is energy efficient and has been certified.
- The dish rack can easily be slid out, and the basket is removable.
- It is important to rinse the dishes slightly before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Some users have complained that the machine arrived broken.
2 DELLA Portable Compact Countertop Dishwasher
Della is known for creating highly convenient products. This particular dishwasher is designed with numerous features for your ease. It has enough capacity to fit in six standard place settings and has simple to use controls.
This dishwasher has been listed as the ideal model for bachelors, small apartments, RVs, or even a boat. It is quite compact and can fit into small spaces since it is almost the size of a microwave.
However, even though the dishwasher is small in size, Della has not compromised on its features.
This model features a strong and long-lasting stainless steel interior that can tolerate temperatures as high as 148 degrees Fahrenheit. Moreover, with six various wash cycles available, getting immaculately washed dishes should be an easy task.
Given all that, users highly suggest getting a detergent specifically meant for the dishwasher. This is because regular dishwashing soap will cause the suds to rise up to the ceiling.
- The machine offers six different washing programs.
- Its size is quite compact, great for small spaces and kitchens.
- The dishwasher comes with a detergent.
- Users report the dishwasher to be easy to install.
- Needs a particular detergent and cannot function with regular dishwasher soap.
3 hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
This is one of the best dishwashers on the list. It has an array of features, tempting you into purchasing it. What we love most about it is that it allows cleaning as you go. You can load up your dirty dishes and let the dishwasher do its job.
This is another model that offers six different wash cycles from heavy to normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse.
Remarkably, the dishwasher does not require any tools to be run. It has a quick connect assembly with accessories that include inlet and drain hose and a faucet adapter for water lines.
Standing at only seventeen inches high, hOmeLabs countertop dishwasher is an ideal size for a small kitchen and does not take up much space. It comes with a variety of different racks, depending upon your preference.
Special cup holders are also available to fit in small items like teaspoons during the wash cycle. Overall, there are plenty of choices for your ease and convenience.
Despite all the above-mentioned features, what users appreciate most about the machine is having control over the water consumption.
The hOmeLabs’ countertop dishwasher uses the minimal amount of water for doing the dishes, regardless of the settings selected. In fact, in the ECO setting, you get further options for saving power and water consumption.
Overall, with this hOmeLabs countertop dishwasher, you will get spotless, clean dishes in no time.
- The dishwasher features six washing cycles, including heavy, normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse.
- It uses minimal water and cleans dishes properly, even at ECO settings.
- Users report it to be quite easy to install.
- The compact and short height makes it befitting for small spaces.
- It offers many accessories for maximum convenience.
- The dishwasher can be quite noisy.
- It does not come with a faucet adapter.
4 Sunpentown SD-2224DS Countertop Dishwasher
An ideal dishwasher for office kitchens, studio flats, and small kitchens, the Sunpentown SD-2224DS is a compact machine with a powerful interior. This is another model with seven wash cycles and is highly versatile.
The dishwasher can be installed really quickly, this that should not be a challenge. No direct plumbing is required since the machine can be connected to a kitchen faucet in no time.
Moreover, the faucet adapter for this model fits openings for both female and male connections, making it much easier to use.
If you’re planning to hold a large dinner party, then do not fret about the number of dishes you’d have to wash. You’ll just need to load up the dishwasher with all the utensils and then turn on the mini party settings.
In addition, the LED display has a variety of options with different settings for different occasions.
Users swear by this product. Many have reported it to work seamlessly for hours and days on.
Furthermore, the basket is removable, so it makes it easier to load and unload dishes. The modern look is a plus point and can enhance the look of your kitchen. Thus, don’t wait any longer and add this product to your shopping cart now!
- The dishwasher offers seven different wash cycles.
- The machine has a bright LED display with different settings.
- It features a quick connect feature for easy installation.
- The machine is quite light in weight and is compact.
- The basket needs to be cleaned manually after every wash cycle.
- The timer is not the most accurate feature.
5 Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
This is another countertop dishwasher with a compact, space-saving design. It boasts six place settings and six wash cycles; thus, it is excellent for the average user.
Unlike many other dishwashers, this model also offers a delay-start option so you can schedule when to start the machine.
Extraordinarily, the machine only makes use of approximately three gallons of water per wash cycle, which is much lesser than when doing the dishes manually. Apart from being energy efficient, the Danby DDW621WDB can be programmed and installed effortlessly.
One thing that users love about the dishwasher is that the stainless steel interior makes it simple and quick to clean. It also comes with a detergent and rinse agent dispenser for your ease. And best of all, the machine works for hours without making any loud noises.
It is true that Danby’s products can be a little complicated to use and understand. However, with a little practice, and by reading the user’s manual, you can alter the settings and use it with ease.
- The machine has six place settings and wash cycles.
- The faucet adapter makes it quick and easy to connect in the kitchen.
- Large LED display means that you can use the machine in the dark too.
- A chic design makes the machine aesthetic and fit for any kitchen.
- The machine is fairly quiet.
- The Danby DDW621WDB offers a one-year warranty.
- Some users have complained that the machine breaks down in a few months.
6 Sunpentown SD-2213S Countertop Dishwasher
It comes as no surprise that we have included another Sunpentown model on our list. They always deliver high quality products and never disappoint. The SD-2213S has some impressive qualities that make it top of the line.
Unlike many other dishwashers, this particular model has a lot to offer; and all at a reasonable price and excellent price. The faucet adapter allows quick connection as well as installation in any kitchen without the need for permanent installation.
On the other hand, similar to other Sunpentown dishwasher models, the SD-2213S shows off multiple features. Six washing cycles, a delay start function, and a rinse aid warning indicator are just to name a few.
The large LED display has all the settings in one place. Also, it has a built-in indicator to help you keep track of how far your dishes are in the cleaning process.
This brand has its products in many restaurants and resorts, so you can be sure of the quality. Even though this model can take time to master the use of, a full set of instructions has been provided for your ease. Therefore, don’t delay your purchase any further!
- The machine has six place settings and wash cycles.
- The display is LED, making it easy to read.
- A rinse aid warning indicator is included.
- The design is sleek, and users love it for that.
- The delay start function allows you to schedule your wash cycle.
- Some users have complained about the customer service.
7 EdgeStar DWP62SV
In case you’re putting off buying a dishwasher because you’re afraid of the electricity bills that will follow offer, then this model is a great pick for you.
It is quite energy-efficient and is another great pick for the environmentally conscious. It uses only 200 kilowatts hours per year, which is approximately 60% lower than the energy used by a conventional dishwasher.
You can use the Star rated EdgeStar DWP62SV model without any guilt. In addition to that, the model also uses less amount of water. However, just because this machine uses less power and water to function, it does not mean that EdgeStar has compromised on quality.
This model boasts six full place settings and seven wash cycles, giving you the option to soak or pre-rinse the dishes at any speed settings. Moreover, the display settings make it easy to alter the cycle settings, etc.
The machine not only shows off an immaculate exterior design but also has a spectacular stainless steel interior. Both these qualities and the fact that the basket is removable makes it easy to wash and clean the machine.
Thus, all the qualities make this machine a great choice. Many users swear by it and love how durable it is. So don’t sleep on this model and get it today!
- Its size is quite compact, thus making it great for small spaces and kitchens.
- The machine offers seven wash cycles.
- The stainless steel interior is easy to clean.
- Dishes of more than a diameter of 10 inches can be accommodated.
- The machine comes with a rinse aid warning indicator.
- This model needs some time to learn and master.
8 Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher
If you’re looking for a countertop dishwasher that can easily connect in your kitchen and is compact, then the Danby DDW631SDB offers a lot more.
Washing has never been easier, but the Danby DDW631SDB countertop dishwasher makes it great fun.
We love that the machine consumes the least amount of water possible and is quite energy-efficient as well. Therefore, if you’re environmentally conscious, you wouldn’t feel guilty about buying this.
There are six different settings in the machine that can be altered through the LED display. In addition to that, the machine has six wash cycles.
The user-friendly dishwasher is quite intuitive, and with all the multiple options, you can soak, pre-rinse, or clean the dishes at any temperature. In fact, you can even choose the mini party option in case there’s a large number of dishes.
A quite compact and capable model, we love the unique features in the Danby DDW631SDB. The average cycle time is quite quicker than other dishwashers. Users have praised this model for its efficiency and claim it does its job in a jiffy.
- The machine has a quick connect feature for easy installation.
- The basket is removable for easy cleaning.
- Unit offers six wash cycles ranging from intensive to normal, economy, rapid, glass, and soak.
- There is a delay start option, as well.
- Some users have complained that the model came broken.
9 Magic Chef Energy Star 6-Place Setting MCSCD6W5
If you’re looking for a top-notch dishwasher, then Magic Chef has many to offer. For now, let’s talk about the MCSCD6W5 model. Even though the machine is compact, it has six place settings.
The glorious dishwasher has inlet and outlet hoses for easy connection in the kitchen. We also love how convenient the dishwasher is. There are particular racks so that you can keep small items like spoons and forks separate from larger dishes.
There is a quick-attach nozzle to allow easy setup and installation. You can use a standard faucet or an adapter for your ease. The machine also has a detergent and rinse aid dispenser and operates quietly.
Users have been loving the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5, especially since it is light in weight and compact. If you’re looking for a model that isn’t heavy on the pocket, then you need not look any further.
- The machine operates quietly and is not noisy, like other models.
- Stainless steel interior makes it relatively easy to clean.
- Even though it is compact, it has six place settings.
- The machine comes with a quick setup kit for your ease.
- It only offers five washing cycles, which is lesser than what most dishwashers offer.
10 Sunpentown SD-9241SS Countertop Dishwasher
If you’re looking for a dishwasher that is highly versatile, you would love the Sunpentown SD-9241SS Countertop Dishwasher. Even though this particular Sunpentown model has eight different place settings for your ease, it is still very compact, with only eighteen inches of height.
The portable dishwasher offers a variety of features. With six wash programs, automatic detergent and a rinse agent dispenser, this model has it all. The basket is adjustable as well to make place for larger pans and pots.
Moreover, the interior is strong and durable as it is made of stainless steel and can tolerate up to 154 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition to that, if you have a pile high of dishes to do, you can use the delay-start and LED settings (mini party setting) for it.
Quick and easy to install, the Sunpentown SD-9241SS is your best bet. Therefore, if you’re looking to stay in budget but get a great dishwasher, you needn’t look any further.
- The machine has a water supply warning indicator.
- It offers seven different wash cycles.
- It is light in weight.
- The quick-connect feature makes it easy to install without the need to use additional tools.
- Some users have complained of leakage from the dishwasher.
Best Countertop Dishwasher Buying Guide
Getting a good countertop dishwasher is an important decision that can be daunting. Since there is a great variety available at the market, you should first be familiar with the kind you’re looking for.
In the buying guide section, we are going to describe all the necessary factors you should weigh in on before making your purchase. We hope that this guide will help you get the most of your money’s worth, so you get the best possible product to suit your needs.
This is one of the most crucial details to pay attention to. You need to know the height and width of the dishwasher so that it can fit on your kitchen countertop. You might also need to know the weight of the dishwasher for your ease so that you can lift it without any problems.
Imagine buying a dishwasher and not being able to fit all your dishes. You wouldn’t want that to happen.
If you host large gatherings quite often, then you might want to get a dishwasher that can accommodate them all. The diameter of the dishes should also be kept in mind since most countertop dishwashers are unable to fit dishes larger than ten inches.
On average, many of the countertop dishwashers available on the market offer six to eight place settings. This depends on the number of dishes you have to wish, therefore, the greater the number of persons, the more place settings you’d need.
Most countertop dishwashers offer a range of wash cycle settings such as pre-rinse, rinse, mini party, eco, etc. You’ll need to keep in mind the kind of utensils or crockery you wash each time and the settings required for each of them.
If you’re always on the go or generally busy, the delay feature will allow you to schedule your wash cycles in advance. This way, you could turn set your machine and go out or take care of other chores.
If you don’t want skyrocketing energy bills or you’re simply an environmentally conscious individual, then this is a very important factor to look into.
There are energy-efficient countertop dishwashers available that use 60% lesser energy than any other countertop dishwasher. They still do their job perfectly.
Just like energy efficiency, less water consumption is a factor for those who are environmentally conscious. In fact, who wouldn’t want to minimize wastage of water?
Some of the best dishwashers only use three gallons of water per cycle, compared to eleven gallons of water used by most dishwashers or used when doing the dishes manually.
A noisy dishwasher can be a nuisance, especially if you have guests over or you want to use the dishwasher in an office kitchen. Many dishwashers hum really loudly, but it depends on your preference since the quiet ones may cost a little higher.
We hope this article has given you some insight into the best countertop dishwashers out there. In this list, we tried to elaborate on the specialty of each model and give you a fair comparison, so it is easy to make your choice.
Each countertop model is excellent for its own reason, but there is one that stood out most to us, and that is the Sunpentown SD-2224DS Countertop Dishwasher.
This particular dishwasher offers seven different wash cycles and is highly versatile. The dishwasher is quite easy to install without the need for direct plumbing.
We love it for its low weight and ability to work efficiently for hours and days on. Convenience is something users look for, and that is exactly what this model provides. The modern look is an added feature, so don’t wait any longer and get this dishwasher today!