If you are a pro at driving, then you must know that the exhaust system plays a vital role in your vehicle. In other words, it emits exhaust gases safely outside your vehicle. Therefore, it tends to protect your vehicle from harmful and unnecessary gases.
Thus, exhaust pipes play a major role in the mechanism of an automobile.
Moreover, buying the wrong exhaust pipes can even lead you to deadly accidents. The gases won’t exhale out. Later on, you will face difficulty in breathing while driving the vehicle.
In conclusion, you need to know about the best exhaust pipe cutters that are available in the market. They will help you cut the pipe according to your requirements. Thus, go through the article and select one for yourself.
- Best Exhaust Pipe Cutter Comparison Table
- Top 8 Best Exhaust Pipe Cutters For The Money 2020 Reviews
- 1 Oemtools 27045 Tailpipe Cutter
- 2 GEARWRENCH Exhaust And Tailpipe Cutter – 2031DD
- 3 Apsg Exhaust Tail Pipe Cutter Steel/Metal Tube Adjustable Saw 1 2 3 .5 Inch Pipe
- 4 Alltrade 648634 Kit 9 Exhaust Tool Set
- 5 Exhaust Cutting Metal Pipe / Tube Chain Cutter 19mm – 83mm TE035
- 6 Lisle 31500 Exhaust / Strut Cutoff Tool
- 7 Performance Tool – Tail Pipe Cutter (W80664) Engine
- 8 Cal-Van Tools 764 Exhaust Tail Pipe Cutter
- Best Exhaust Pipe Cutter Buying Guide
Best Exhaust Pipe Cutter Comparison Table
|Products||Range of Diameter|
Oemtools 27045 Tailpipe Cutter
Range of Diameter
¾ to 3-1/4
|(4.3 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
¾ to 3
|(5 / 5)|
Apsg Exhaust Tail Pipe Cutter Steel/Metal Tube Adjustable Saw 1 2 3 .5 Inch Pipe
Range of Diameter
1 2 3 .5
|(4.1 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
3 to ½
|(3.8 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
¾ to 3-1/4
|(5 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
1-3/8 to 2-1/2
|(3.4 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
¾ to 3-1/2
|(3.5 / 5)|
Range of Diameter
3/4 to 3-1/4
|(3.7 / 5)|
Top 8 Best Exhaust Pipe Cutters For The Money 2020 Reviews
1 Oemtools 27045 Tailpipe Cutter
The first and most important thing is that this exhaust pipe cutter is useful for both types of car cutting pipes (on and off). That’s not all! It can cut the tailpipes along with exhaust pipes.
The range of diameter it can cut is ¾” to 3-1/4” or 19 mm to 83mm. Also, you can get smooth tracking through the cutting wheels on every roller. Secondly, the handles of this exhaust pipe cutter contain cushioned grips for easy handling.
Furthermore, it includes a storage box, as well. The design of this cutter is quite impressive and unique. Thirdly, the company is trying to provide maximum performance at an affordable rate.
The company uses steel to make the blades of this cutter. Not only the blades, but every single part of this cutter is made with high-quality materials. It aims to provide 100 percent durability and ease.
Sure enough, this is a must-have tool in your mechanical toolbox. You can carry it anywhere due to its small size and less weight. It provides long-lasting performance and service.
Additionally, the company provides customers with a lifetime warranty. You can return the product to the place from which you have purchased it. However, the company does not promise a warranty for products that are used abnormally or do not belong to OEM®.
Above all, the warranty does not include calibration, sharpening of blades, bits, or files.
- The cutting wheels present on every roller allow smooth tracking.
- Handles of this cutter have a cushioned grip, providing maximum comfort
- Unique design, no need to separate the exhaust from the car while cutting.
- Easy to use.
- It is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- The company offers a warranty for limited issues and problems.
- The cutter does not cut stainless steel.
- The rubber grips start to break after some time.
- You need to apply a lot of pressure to cut the exhaust pipe.
2 GEARWRENCH Exhaust And Tailpipe Cutter – 2031DD
Firstly, it is one of the best exhaust pipe cutters available in the marketplace. The range of diameter this exhaust pipe cutter can cut is from ¾” to 3 inches or 19 mm to 76 mm.
Do you know the best part of this cutter? The cutter contains 15 blades that are quite efficient and effective. However, you need to rotate the cutter for ¼ inch only to make a complete cut.
Moreover, the handles of this exhaust cutter are plastisol-dipped that aims to provide its users with maximum comfort and grip.
However, you cannot use this cutter for cutting double-wall pipes. It does not work on stainless steel as well. Secondly, this mechanical tool does not require any battery for operating. Thirdly, and most importantly, it works in hard-to-reach areas.
In addition, the exhaust cutter is light in weight, which makes carrying and handling easy for the user. Due to this tool, a lot of tough jobs have become easy. The cutter contains the latest and upgraded features like dual-materials handle.
Therefore, after applying little pressure, you can cut the exhaust pipes without facing any difficulty.
- User-friendly and comfortable grip.
- No need to buy a battery for the cutter, cost-efficient.
- Efficient cutting due to the fifteen blades.
- Cannot cut stainless steel or double-wall pipes.
- You need to keep it well-oiled for better performance.
- Customers who are already using it are having problems after several months.
3 Apsg Exhaust Tail Pipe Cutter Steel/Metal Tube Adjustable Saw 1 2 3 .5 Inch Pipe
Here’s why we are writing down about this exhaust pipe cutter.
The feature that is most successful is that you can use this cutter for cutting on-car pipe. Firstly, the design of this cutter is quite impressive. Secondly, its special design helps it to cut in hard-to-reach areas as well.
The small, compact size allows the cutter to fit easily, whether it be a very tight space. However, you need to exert more pressure if you have traveled less than 120 inches during the cutting process of the pipe.
Moreover, if you have more space, then you need to turn 90 degrees to make a complete cut.
Thirdly, and most importantly, the cutter contains an adjustable chain and a spin handle. You can use the spin handle during cutting to fine-tune. It contains seven cutting wheels on the chain.
Due to these cutting wheels, you can put right-angled cuts easily. The cutter does not contain any cushioned handle. Thus, you can face problems while cutting.
But by using gloves, you can minimize this issue too. Moreover, You can cut aluminum pipes and stainless exhaust pipes by using this special exhaust cutter.
- Adjustable chain to adjust the size according to your requirements.
- Usable in vehicles that have 1-foot space between the exhaust pipe.
- It performs effectively while cutting in tight spaces.
- Requires less pressure to cut regular pipes.
- No cushion handle, difficulty in handling, and gripping.
- You need to apply more effort to cut the exhaust pipes in tight spaces.
- The wheels of this cutter are far from each other.
4 Alltrade 648634 Kit 9 Exhaust Tool Set
This exhaust pipe cutter is one of the fastest-selling mechanical tools in the market. It offers maximum features at an affordable price. You are about to learn all about it.
Firstly, it is a decent mechanical tool that tends to produce clean and clear edges on the cuts. One interesting feature about this cutter is that it includes accessories that help remove the dents on exhaust pipes. Secondly, the toolset also contains a pipe expander through which you can expand your exhaust pipe.
Thirdly, and most importantly, it simplifies the repairing and replacing job for your vehicle by providing more flexibility to the exhaust pipe. Additionally, the company provides you a heavy-duty and robust chain cutter. Moreover, this can cut the exhaust pipe within the range (diameter) of 3 inches to ½ inches.
The chain cutter contains cutting wheels that are sharp and straight. In other words, you can make clean cuts and sharp edges by using it. It contains a storage case in its packaging.
In conclusion, you can use this entire kit for flaring and expanding the exhaust pipes of your vehicles according to your requirements.
- Accessories included in the package are helpful.
- It comes with a high-quality storage case.
- Cushioned handles, easy handling.
- An ideal choice for cutting hard surfaces and heavy-duty materials.
- Not a good choice for cutting exhaust pipes in tight spaces.
- The performance does not remain the same after a few months.
5 Exhaust Cutting Metal Pipe / Tube Chain Cutter 19mm – 83mm TE035
There are multiple features and reasons that make this exhaust pipe truly outstanding.
Firstly, the cutter can cut a 3mm thick exhaust pipe with little pressure. The diameter range that it can cut is from ¾” to 3-1/4”. The handles of this cutter are cushioned, which helps provide the best grip.
It also allows you to do the clean cutting by applying a little bit of effort. You can use this cutter to create your DIY projects as well.
The tailpipe cutter can cut stainless steel, galvanized steel, and aluminum exhaust pipes. Moreover, there are multiple cutting wheels present on the cutter’s chain. Thus, it allows the user to cut more exhaust pipes within less time (fast cutting).
To make a complete cut, you need to have a ¼” turn only. The cutter can cut in tight space and hard places where other cutters are unable to reach. New and efficient wheel pivots (diameter) also allow smooth tracking.
Therefore, it means you can make clean cuts without facing any difficulty. You can use this cutter for a long time without facing fatigue.
- Cushioned handles for a comfortable and strong grip.
- Cuts at a faster speed than others due to its multiple wheels.
- Does not produce any hot residue, safer than others.
- No batteries required.
- Blades cutter get dull and weak quickly.
- Cannot use the cutter for multiple usages without greasing the wheels.
- Frequently requires sharpening of blades.
6 Lisle 31500 Exhaust / Strut Cutoff Tool
The best part of this cutter is that it is lightweight and small in size. The cutter can fit into tight spaces easily. It is useful for doing single-handed operations.
In addition, if you want to achieve maximum results by applying less effort, then this exhaust pipe cutter is the best choice for you. Also, it is an ideal choice for cutting standard and regular exhaust pipes.
Furthermore, the cutter contains four cutting wheels. These wheels are quite sharp. The range of the diameter that this cutter can cut is 1-3/8 inches to 2-1/2 inches.
Most importantly, the unique and efficient design of this unit allows making clear and precise cuts. The exhaust pipe cutter comes in a skin pack.
- Lightweight weighs only 1.4 pounds.
- It does not cause fatigue, laziness, or tiredness.
- It offers easy and flexible one-hand operation.
- An affordable cutter that provides maximum ease and features.
- Not a good choice for stainless steel pipes.
- The look of this cutter is not pleasing.
- It fails after several months.
7 Performance Tool – Tail Pipe Cutter (W80664) Engine
Firstly, you can adjust the diameter of this mechanical tool within the range of ¾” to 3-1/2”. The company makes sure to provide their customers with a lot of simplicity and relaxation. Secondly, they can cut the exhaust pipes with minimal energy.
How can you do this?
It is not at all difficult. The only thing you need to do is to twist the cutter’s handle and fit it around the exhaust pipe’s diameter. After adjusting the handle, you can cut the pipe without facing any difficulty.
Also, you can use this exhaust pipe cutter for any sort of replacement and repairment purpose on the exhaust system. Thirdly, and most importantly, it is a one-hand squeezed cutter that is best for small and creative DIY projects. Above all, it does not require any battery, which means less expense and little space consumption.
- It provides reliable and high-quality performance.
- Ideal choice for cutting multiple kinds of pipe (DIY projects).
- The cutter contains an easy-twist handle structure.
- You can adjust the 12″ cutter chain of this tool.
- The cutter is unable to cut through a double layer pipe.
- The wheels get dull and weak after some time.
8 Cal-Van Tools 764 Exhaust Tail Pipe Cutter
By using this exhaust pipe cutter, you can make clean and sharp cuts through a heavy exhaust pipe (European type). Best of all is that it does not produce any burr residue. Like all other cutters, this tailpipe cutter also offers a comfortable and strong grip.
Furthermore, it helps in cutting at a faster speed. This cutter can cut through the exhaust pipes within a diameter range of 3/4 “ to 3-1/4” with a turn of ¼. Thus, it is an ideal choice for cutting exhaust pipes in hard-to-reach places and tight spaces.
You can use it to cut the exhaust pipe that is near to the muffler. Firstly, the cutter includes cutting wheels of 19 mm. Thus, it can cut through any sort of steel pipe or aluminum pipe.
Secondly, for relaxed and stress-free handling, the tool contains cushioned handles. Thirdly, and most importantly, the blades of this exhaust pipe cutter are long-lasting, which means it requires less maintenance.
- Perfect for cutting heavy-duty materials – steel and European types.
- It is lightweight – easy to carry and use.
- Durable and reliable.
- It provides a comfortable grip.
- The speed of this cutter is slow.
- After several months, it breaks and stops working.
Best Exhaust Pipe Cutter Buying Guide
All of us know that a lot of different types of vehicles are available in the markets. Vehicles are a basic necessity these days. But every vehicle requires unique and different toolkits so that they can work properly and efficiently.
One of the important vehicle’s tools is the exhaust pipe cutters. These cutters help you to cut the exhaust pipes according to your wish. Everyone wants to have different features in their exhaust pipe cutter.
Therefore, before purchasing any cutter, there are few aspects that everyone needs to consider.
Thus, we are going to discuss some of them. Let’s have a look at them.
- Price And Your Budget
The first thing you need to consider is the price of the exhaust pipe cutter you are going to buy. Just like other products, exhaust pipe cutters are also available at different rates. Thus, you need to keep the budget in your mind before selecting a cutter for yourself.
Try to select a cutter that lies within your range or below it, but offers maximum possible features and ease. The cutters that contain the basic features are available at a low price. These cutters are good for cutting thin pipes, made with weaker metal.
However, the price increases along with the features. If you want to buy a cutter that can cut through hard pipes, then try to increase your budget.
These cutters are a bit expensive. Above all, they last for a longer period and offer more features than traditional exhaust pipe cutters.
A cutter that contains cushioned handles is preferable. In other words, they are comfortable and flexible. Therefore, you won’t face any difficulty while cutting through the pipes.
In other words, you can easily handle and grip the cutter. Thus, try to buy a cutter that offers maximum comfort and grip to you.
- Requirement Of Maintenance
You might know that any tool that has moving parts requires regular maintenance. The same goes for the exhaust pipe cutters. Thus, to maintain their durability and lifespan, you need to maintain and repair (at times) them after some time of usage.
Greasing and cleaning the exhaust pipe cutter are the basic maintenance techniques. However, the cost and requirement of maintenance of the cutter can increase if you are going to use it for any commercial purpose.
Thus, you should consider and calculate the maintenance expense that you need to bear after buying the cutter.
- Durability And Material Of The Exhaust Pipe Cutter
Another important aspect that needs your attention is whether the cutter is durable or not.
Thus, try to invest in a cutter that is constructed of high-quality material. In other words, cutters of cheap material are not strong enough. Firstly, they break or stop working after a few times. Secondly, the cutter loses its strength and is unable to operate in a similar way it used to do at the start.
Therefore, do not ignore this aspect, or else you will start to face problems within some months.