Who hasn’t heard of stainless steel? It is one of the most common materials around us. From kitchens to garages, everywhere we look, we will find it in some way or form. It is one of the strongest materials with unique benefits. In fact, it is appropriately named after these benefits.
Stainless steel resists corrosion and stains. However, it is prone to finger marks, smudges, and water stains, especially appliances like refrigerators, ovens, and stainless steel handles of different things. They become an eyesore upon your shiny appliance.
To restore it back to its original out of the showroom state, you rely on cleaners. However, out of the vast range of cleaners, which is the best cleaner for stainless steel?
To help you find out, we have reviewed some household cleaners to find out the one that serves as both a cleaner and a polish. Read on to know about the best stainless steel appliance cleaner and the best stainless steel polish that can single-handedly get the job done for you.
- Best Stainless Steel Cleaner Comparison Table
- Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Cleaner In 2020 Reviews
- 1 Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 2 TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
- 3 Therapy Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
- 4 Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes
- 5 Bar Keepers Friend Superior Cookware Cleanser & Polish
- 6 Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser Liquid
- 7 Cameo Aluminum & Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 8 Hope’s Perfect Stainless Steel Polish
- 9 Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 10 Nano Towels Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Best Stainless Steel Cleaner Buying Guide
Best Stainless Steel Cleaner Comparison Table
Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner
17 ounces spray can
Grease, watermarks, fingerprints etc.
|(4.5 / 5)|
18 ounces spray bottle
Oil, grime, smudges etc.
|(5 / 5)|
Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner
16 ounces spray bottle
Dust, dirt, fingerprints etc.
Black enamel surfaces
|(4.7 / 5)|
Two pop up canisters of 30 wipes each
Haze, residue, fingerprints, grease, watermarks etc.
Black stainless steel
|(4.6 / 5)|
Powder Cleanser and polish
12 ounces can
Grease, rust stains, lime built-up, mineral deposits tarnish etc.
|(4.5 / 5)|
13 ounces bottle
Rust, dried food splatters, tarnish, hard water stains etc.
|(4.6 / 5)|
Two 10 ounces containers
Marks, scratches, rust, grease, grime etc.
|(4.7 / 5)|
Six 22 ounces spray bottles
Fingerprints, watersports etc.
|(4.5 / 5)|
Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner
Three 15 ounces spray cans
Dirt, grime, water streaks etc.
Black stainless steel
|(4.8 / 5)|
Microfiber cleaning towel
One 7x16 inches cloth
Streaks, smudges and fingerprints.
|(4.2 / 5)|
Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Cleaner In 2020 Reviews
1 Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner
This is one of the most outstanding products. In fact, some go as far as to call it the best cleaner for stainless steel appliances. Wondering why? It is an easy to use product that effectively gets rid of all kinds of stains and smudges.
It is an aerosol spray that comes in a pressurized can. Just spray some on and rub with a paper towel. Wiping it off does not require a lot of elbow grease. It comes off easily without leaving behind any residue.
Moreover, it is equally effective on dirt, grime, and grease. It can easily clean the dirtiest of appliances with only a small amount of product.
The best part?
It forms a thin, transparent, protective coating on top of the appliance that repels dirt and fingerprints.
Furthermore, it is an aerosol spray that comes in a pressurized can. You have to be very careful about using it around open flame as it is highly flammable. Also, it is lightweight and easy to store. It can also be recycled once empty.
Once you start using this product to clean your refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, microwave, etc., they will return to their original shiny state. Lastly, this spray is also suitable for cleaning aluminum and chrome surfaces.
- Effectively removes dirt as well as grime.
- Does not leave behind any residue.
- Easy to put on as well as remove.
- Leaves behind a protective coating to resist fingerprints.
- Does not leave behind any streaks.
- You don’t have to use a lot of product.
- It has a strong smell.
- It somewhat dulls the shine.
- The contents are highly flammable.
- May cause drowsiness or even dizziness.
2 TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
This is one of the best and safest stainless steel cleaners. It features a water-based formula that the company claims to be free of any harsh chemicals or abrasive ingredients. It is a commercial-grade product that is regularly used in commercial kitchens.
That’s not all.
This product is a complete cleaning package as it comes with a microfiber towel to make cleaning with it a breeze. This cleaning cloth helps you clean the essentials easily. It also saves you money and effort by maintaining their shiny glow.
It comes in a spray bottle, so it is quite easy to use. Just give the bottle a good shake, spray some on, and leave it set. Next, fold the cloth in quarters and start to wipe.
Once the entire product is evenly spread, turn over the cloth and use a dry side to buff the surface. This will not only get rid of the stains but also add to its shine.
Moreover, TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner is a versatile product that can be used to clean everything from kitchen appliances to the outside of the Barbecue grill, even the wheels of a car. It not only rids them of stubborn stains but also restores their original luster and shine.
- Suitable for both residential as well as commercial usage.
- Non-abrasive solution does not scratch the surface.
- Easily removes grease build-up.
- Effective on any kind of stains.
- Comes with a microfiber cloth for cleaning purposes.
- Boasts a water-based formula.
- It is not readily available at retail chain stores.
- The glossy shine it gives attracts curious fingers.
- Few users have complained that it leaves behind streaks.
- Needs a lot of buffing for a polished look.
3 Therapy Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
This stainless steel cleaner is one of the safest cleaners available in the market.
Want to know why?
Firstly, it uses coconut out as the solvent with other plant-based ingredients, which make it stand out from the rest of harmful cleaners. Being plant-based, it has a vanilla lavender fragrance that is very pleasant.
Secondly, it is supplied in a spray bottle complete with a microfiber cleaning towel to facilitate its users.
Shake the bottle, apply some on the surface that needs cleaning, use the supplied microfiber cloth, and wipe in the direction of the grain. When thoroughly cleaned, gently buff for a brilliant shine.
However, the best part about this cleaner is that it leaves behind a thin film of coconut oil that protects your appliances from future staining. Users have reported its shine to last for weeks.
Moreover, it successfully stops stains and grime from coming back. Even with regular use of the appliance, you will notice that there are no visible finger marks on it.
This is a good stainless steel cleaner that can be used on a variety of indoor and outdoor surfaces. It is also suitable for hard surfaces like the inside of a kitchen sink. Other than that, you can use it on your oven, microwaves, dishwashers, and even the stainless steel grills outside your house.
- Made from natural ingredients that are not harmful in any way.
- Safe to use around kids as well as pets.
- Works on all indoor and outdoor surfaces.
- Gives a protective shine.
- Repels dust, fingerprints as well as dust.
- Supplied with a microfiber towel.
- It is a bit more expensive than other cleaners.
- Leaves streaks if not buffered enough.
- Spray top is not of very good quality.
- The oil-based formula can stain your cabinetry.
4 Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes
Weiman Stainless Steel cleaning wipes are simply splendid when it comes to cleaning hard to reach spaces like door handles or in between the grills.
Liquid cleaners mostly run down before the cloth reaches there to clean. However, these wipes eliminate the need for cleaning liquids. They are very thin, so you can easily manipulate them to clean the tightest unsightly corners.
Moreover, the wipes are ready to use as they come presoaked in a cleaning solution.
Why does it matter?
All you have to do is remove the lid, take out the wipe, and start cleaning. Finish off with a soft cloth to buff and achieve a brilliant shine.
These wipes are supplied as a pack of two cans. The cans feature a pop-up design that facilitates use in taking out the wipes. Each can contains a total of 30 wipes. The wipes are easy to take out, but you have to carefully reseal the can so that the remaining wipes don’t dry out.
Furthermore, they can easily remove the toughest of stains. From greasy fingerprints to splatters of food, you can easily clean anything with them. Just wipe in the direction of the metal grain, then buff with a soft dry lint-free cloth. All the smudges, watermarks and stains will be gone.
Also, it leaves behind a protective barrier to prevent future smears and dirt.
In addition, these are versatile wipes and can be used to clean any surface.
They are especially useful in cleaning in between the bars, doorknobs, metal handles, and a range hood. These areas are tough to reach, so cleaning them becomes a nuisance. However, with Weiman Wipes, anything is possible.
- Comes as a pack of two.
- Boasts a pH neutral formulation.
- Creates a dust and dirt resistant barrier.
- Suitable to use on all types of surfaces.
- Easy and convenient to use.
- Readily cleans tight corners and hard to reach spaces.
- Wipes can dry out of the container if not sealed properly.
- Visibly darken the surface.
- Leave behind a moderate amount of residue.
- They are overall a bit expensive to use.
5 Bar Keepers Friend Superior Cookware Cleanser & Polish
This is a powder cleaning agent that works efficiently on your kitchenware to remove the toughest of grime and grease built-up. Moreover, it is a food grade-safe product so you can use it on your pots and pans as well as on the insides of dishwashers and ovens.
It is a versatile cleaner that can be used anywhere around the house, even in bathrooms and outside.
Moreover, it comes in a can with the opening on top, making it very simple to use.
Sprinkle some powder on the affected area and rub with a wet sponge. The non-granular product spreads easily and cleans every smudge and stain that comes in its way.
Although it is a very light abrasive, you should still be a bit careful with it. Put on gloves before using as it can cause irritation sometimes. Also, don’t use too much elbow grease when using it; otherwise, you might end up with tiny scratches.
Overall, it is great to use on pots, pans, baking dishes, and cooking range. In bathrooms, it eliminates rust stains and mineral deposits to keep it clean. Meanwhile, outside the house, it is best for cleaning the outdoor grill.
- It is very easy to use.
- Has a very good power output.
- It does not smell at all.
- Suitable for cleaning any surface.
- Can be used to clean pots and pans.
- Mild abrasive can be used for scouring.
- Powder can get clumpy.
- Can scratch if rubbed too hard.
- Lacks disinfectant properties.
- It can irritate sensitive skin.
6 Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser Liquid
Bleach-free products are the rage these days. Why so? Because of the harmful effects using bleach around your loved ones is a risky business. However, Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser Liquid is just the kind of product you are looking for. It has a gentle bleach formula that is tough on stains.
This cleaning liquid comes with two special cleaning cloths. The company claims that the cleaner works best when used with them. These clothes are treated to remain odor-free, thus, you don’t have to deal with smelly scorers every time you want to clean something.
It is a versatile product that can be used to clean a variety of surfaces around your house. These range from the pots and pans inside your kitchen to the cooktop and oven. The bathtub and shower area will also be gleaming once you start cleaning them with this.
Meanwhile, outdoors, you can use it to clean the grill, sliding, and patio furniture.
- Comes with a special scouring cloth.
- Works efficiently on a variety of surfaces.
- Effectively removes all kinds of stains and smudges.
- Does not contain bleach.
- Cleans, polishes, and shines at the same time.
- The creamy formula is easy to work with.
- Not suitable to use on Teflon pans.
- Cannot be used on precious metals.
- The special scouring cloth can scratch delicate surfaces.
- It has a strong odor.
7 Cameo Aluminum & Stainless Steel Cleaner
This is one of the oldest cleaners that is a staple in many households.
This amazing product has single-handedly been cleaning the pots, pans, and other grimy surfaces for a long time. Therefore, people have complete faith in its performance.
It is essentially a scouring powder, therefore, it is advised to make a paste by mixing it in a small amount of water before using it. Rub this paste in the direction of the metal grain to avoid scratches. It has the ability to clean and polish at the same time.
It effectively removes scratches, burn spots, and rust from your steelware. Moreover, it leaves behind a protective shine that repels future dust and grime. The protection lasts a long time with visible effects.
Overall, this product is great for cleaning everything. These include your sink, dishwasher, pots, pans, cooktop, refrigerator, and microwave oven. Every appliance you own will start gleaming once you start cleaning them with a paste of this product.
- Gives a very pleasing and appealing shine.
- Does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Comes off very easily.
- Suitable to use in a variety of appliances as well as on different surfaces.
- Comes as a pack of two containers.
- May leave scratches if rubbed too vigilantly.
- Cannot eliminate oxidation marks from aluminum.
- It is messy to work with if you don’t make a paste.
8 Hope’s Perfect Stainless Steel Polish
This is one amazing product that does exactly what the name says. When buyers purchase it, they hope to get the best results, and it delivers by polishing their stainless steel appliances perfectly. It is less of a cleaner and more of a polisher; thus, you can use this to give your appliances the shine.
It features a non-oily water-based formula that buffs itself without leaving behind any streaks or oily residue. Using it is a piece of cake.
All you have to do is spray it on and wipe off the dirt. There is no need for buffing.
It effectively hides fingerprints and even stops them from coming back to some extent. Moreover, it repels dust and dirt, but the film it leaves behind darkens the appearance of the appliances. However, they remain clean for longer.
Furthermore, it has a thick formulation that clings to the vertical surfaces so you can easily rub it for the desired effect. Eliminating the need for buffing, it is surely streak-free. However, if you overdo the spraying, you might have some streaks.
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Resists water spots as well as fingerprints.
- Capable of streak-free performance.
- Can be used over a variety of surfaces.
- Supplied as a pack of six spray bottles.
- Thick formula does not run down vertical surfaces.
- Leaves behind a moderate amount of residue.
- Appliances appear darker after usage.
- Cannot address tough messes.
- Produces haze if used in large quantities.
9 Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner
This is a wonderful cleaning product.
Firstly, it is an easy to remove solution with an amazing grease-cutting ability. Secondly, as the name suggests, you can easily spray away the dirt and grime with this spray solution.
Thirdly, it comes in a package deal where you get three cans of stainless steel spray cleaner. It comes as an aerosol spray in a pressurized can, thus, making it quite simple and easy to use.
But how do you actually use this?
Spray on some product on the area that you want to clean. Wait for a few moments and then wipe away the grime and stains with a paper towel.
That’s not all.
This Sprayway product is specially designed to eliminate the toughest grease and stains. However, to get rid of stubborn fingerprints, you might have to make a second pass. It also leaves behind a noticeable thin film, which also needs a second pass to remove entirely.
- Efficiently removes dirt and grime.
- Comes in a pack of three.
- Does not cause scratches on the surface.
- Removes tough stains and grease.
- Keeps the stains and dirt from coming back.
- Very easy to apply and remove.
- Leaves behind a certain amount of residue.
- Dulls the appearance of stainless steel surfaces.
- Cannot entirely remove fingerprints.
- It features a small spray button.
10 Nano Towels Stainless Steel Cleaner
Nano Towels are the safest and the eco-friendliest way of cleaning your stainless steel appliances. This is a plush microfiber cloth specially designed for cleaning purposes. It gives a brilliant shine without causing any streaks or scratches.
By eco-friendly, we mean that it does not need any chemicals or to clean the stains. All it needs is a little water. Just dampen your Nano towel and start cleaning. However, be sure that the surface is free of any leftover residues
It is suitable to use on any metallic surface like refrigerators, microwaves, toasters, doorknobs, and many more. Meanwhile, the softness makes it great for cleaning delicate things like TVs, laptops, and smartphones.
Moreover, it serves dual cleaning purposes. The deep pile side is for scrubbing, while the smooth side is for polishing purposes. The scrubbing side rids of all dirt and grime. Meanwhile, the smooth side gives a brilliant shine.
Nano Towels are the latest addition to the cleaning world. If you are a person who cares for his environment or has small kids and pets, then you should consider getting these for yourself.
- Guarantees a shiny stainless steel surface.
- Does not scratch the surface of your appliances.
- Works very well on delicate surfaces.
- Safe to use around small children as well as pets.
- Free from harmful chemicals.
- It is a greener way of cleaning.
- Needs some practice to do it right
- Takes some time to achieve the desired result.
- They are priced higher.
- Some users have labeled it the glorified polishing towel.
Best Stainless Steel Cleaner Buying Guide
If you own a kitchen full of stainless steel appliances, then you will know how hard it is to maintain it in its original, lustrous state.
Smears and smudges are a part of cooking, and small fingerprints are a regular occurrence when you have kids in the house. These decorate everything from refrigerators to trash cans. This is enough to bring out anyone’s OCD.
However, the truth is, finding the perfect stainless steel cleaner is no easy feat, especially since the market is flooded with products all claiming to be the absolute best. You need a guide for evaluating different products to figure out the right one for yourself.
Therefore, here is a list of some aspects to consider before deciding on a certain product.
The first and the foremost thing to consider before deciding on any product is its cost. The real story is that it does not only mean the price. We are talking about the overall cost of this product costs you per cleaning session.
If a product is cheap but runs out quickly, then it will be more expensive than a product that is a bit expensive but is used in lesser quantity and lasts you longer.
Reviews are other buyers’ opinions about the products that they have used. These days, people are very open to sharing their shopping experiences about things they purchase or who they purchase it from.
Therefore, it’s good to check the reviews of the product you are planning to buy as they truly are eye-openers.
When you are out to buy a stainless steel cleaner, you will come across different types of cleaners. These include wipes, sprays, liquids, or powders. Since you are the one who will be cleaning, we suggest that you buy the type you are more comfortable working with.
- Ease of usage
Some cleaners are generally easier to use than others. Some are easy to apply and remove. Meanwhile, some are easy to apply, but removing them needs a lot of elbow grease. To save yourself from the trouble, choose a product that is simple and easy to use.
It is always a good idea to check the ingredients list on everything you purchase, especially in the case of cleaners. Knowing what is in the product helps you use it in a better way. And if you have pets or kids around, then it’s best to invest in a cleaner that is safe to use around them.
The products we have listed above are the best stainless steel cleaners that are currently available in the market.
However, based on the buying guide we described above, the clear winner here is the TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish.
It is easy to use, gives a long-lasting shine, and is overall quite cost-effective to use. Moreover, it boasts a water-based, free-of-harsh-chemicals formula, so it is safe to use as well.
When you consult different lists of stainless steel cleaners, you won’t find any without TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish.
Overall, it really is the best stainless steel cleaner and the best stainless steel polish.