Sunny summer comes and goes, and in front of us, waiting, are the yellow-red autumn leaves and the frosty winter. Of course, there is nothing bad in these seasons, except for the lack of heat.
Therefore it’s worth taking a look at this Dr. Infrared Heater portable space heater review. This unit sure knows how to warm you up on cold evenings. With this heater, you not only will be able to raise the temperature in the room, but you will also raise the mood!
Dr. Infrared Heater Overview
The Dr. Infrared Heater does three things for the same goal – your comfort.
Firstly, this heater uses infrared to create and distribute heat. It then backs it up using convection heating. The result is focused heating of people and objects. And the second method, convection, allows heat spread to be much faster and more efficient than in regular heaters.
Thirdly, this unit has a humidifier. Heating up our homes has its perks, but it does have its downsides. Usually, the air becomes dry, and we start to get irritated. With Dr. Infrared’s humidifier, you get heat, as desired, without any of the accompanying dry air that is common with several other small space heaters on the market.
So, why is it called the “Dr.” of Infrared heating?
Dr. Infrared heaters are an excellent choice for staying warm and comfortable in low temperatures or drafty rooms. Instead of heating the air in a room, it projects its energy on people and objects. That means you’ll stay warm without heating the empty space to the rafters!
This also means that you save a lot of costs, as it focuses on you and those around you. The ambient air around you is obviously much larger, and that would, in a practical sense, be a waste of precious resources.
Set and forget…
The “Dr.” has a digital thermostat that allows you to set and maintain the desired temperature. Most other non-“Dr’s” do not have this feature. Other options include energy efficiency modes (Energy Saving Auto Mode), and a high and low auto setting.
As noted, the “Dr” backs up its heating with speed. The principle of operation of convectors, as their name implies, is based on convection, when warm air flows upward, and heavier cold air takes its place.
Using specially crafted PTC and quartz infrared elements, the “Dr.” mimics this activity using infrared technology. The design of these enhances the natural circulation of airflow, making your room warms up faster, without any discomfort to you.
Pros And Cons
- The infrared heat warms the objects in the room (rather than the air) so that your space is more comfortable for longer.
- Portability is key – This unit is portable and lightweight.
- There is no installation, just plug the unit into a standard household electrical outlet.
- Infrared heat is a comfortable heat, not a dry heat. The built-in humidifier ensures this by giving you the most comfort.
- It uses special technology to warm up its surrounding area (up to 1,000 square feet) much faster.
- Rugged unit with a fancy finish and a remote control.
- This unit can get very hot. It is, therefore, best kept a few inches away from flammables like curtains and furniture.
- A 1500 watt water heater must have a dedicated outlet.